The Biggest Little Room: Philippine Art Gallery
Established by Lyd Arguilla, the Philippine Art Gallery (PAG) was the first commercial gallery in the country. Active from 1951 to 1969, it contributed greatly to the development of modern art in the Philippines during the postwar period. Artists associated with PAG included the 'Triumvirate of Philippine Modern Art', namely Victorio Edades, Galo Ocampo and Carlos 'Botong' Francisco, as well as the Neo-Realist group composed of H.R. Ocampo, Vicente Manansala, Cesar Legaspi, Romeo Tabuena, Victor Oteyza, Ramon Estella, and other artists.
This specially designed book authored by Purita Kalaw-Ledesma narrates the story of Arguilla and her commitment to supporting Philippine art through the PAG. A comprehensive list of exhibitions presented at PAG is also included.
Kalaw-Ledesma Foundation, Philippines
Hardcover / 11.8 x 13 inches / 175 pages / B&W, some col.